Have you ever considered using the biblical Book of Revelation as a travel guide to the confusion and complexities of a hero’s journey? If so, this may be opportunity knocking. If not, we invite you to open your mind to the possibilities.
Revs. Ed Townley and Ellen Debenport join forces for a six-part series based on the Book of Revelation and more specifically, Ed’s newly released book, Kingdom Come: Understanding the Book of Revelation. These colleagues and longtime friends move through all 22 chapters of the Book of Revelation, seeing positive reinforcement and helpful guidance where others have seen only doom, gloom, and negative judgment.
It would be safe to say that Rev. Ellen is significantly less enthusiastic about the Book of Revelation than Rev. Ed, which guarantees a series of lively discussions between them as they move through its convoluted and sometimes gruesome images. This series offers an opportunity to hear two committed and engaged Unity voices exploring the challenges of using the Bible as a spiritual guide to the dramas of this human experience.
This six-week series includes a journey through the following:
- Spiritual Sevens—We must begin every new spiritual adventure by consciously calling upon every power center within us.
- Opening the Scroll—A lot of old negative energy must be released before we can move forward. The result can be highly dramatic—and a little scary!
- The Seventh Seal—Fire, hail storms, and some very strange locusts—is this really what we signed on for?
- The Cast of Characters—Ominous beasts, an innocent babe, and a mysterious motherly woman—an odd mix on both sides as the opposing teams take the spiritual field.
- The Battle Is Waged—After the highly dramatic preparations, the actual conflict is something of an anticlimax. We simply stand firm, and the opposing shadows fade away.
- All Things New—The rewards are astonishing. The kingdom of heaven comes into expression—through us!—here on earth. As Jesus tried to tell us, it was here all along.
The ideas and opinions expressed on this program do not necessarily reflect the teachings of Unity. Unity respects a wide range of spiritual thoughts and beliefs, as reflected in the diverse range of subjects presented on Unity Online Radio.